Saturday, April 4, 2009

SHOW 'EM HOW TO WRESTLE, TWIST 'EM LIKE A PRETZEL, GO, CHASE, GO!!!

Wrestling was always one of my favorite sports to cheer for, probably partly because I could sit down and be lazy while cheering, but mostly because it was such an intense sport that I totally got into. I never thought in a million years that one of my children would come home one day and say that they wanted to wrestle. We don't exactly come from a line of wrestlers. This didn't deter Chase, he went for it anyway. I have been so proud of him as I have watched him wrestle these past three years. I am the crazy mom on the side of the mat who can't shut her mouth. I try really hard, but I really get into the matches and it is so hard to watch your child in a wrestling match. I am a big ball of nerves and I hate to see how sad he gets when he loses but it is equally fun to see how proud of himself he gets when he pulls off a win.

I seriously just love this kid-what's not to love!!!

This is where we like to see his arm after a match-WINNER.

Chase had 3 pins this year, all under 20 seconds. I love this kind of match, not as scary as the one he had that went into I don't know how many overtimes-way too intense for me.

Great stance, Chase.

Way to be in control, buddy.

2 comments:

Maclaine & Sara said...

I am secretly hoping to have a wrestler one of these days. It is a very intense sport and I will probably have my freak-out moments, but I am preparing myself for it now. I see how much Maclaine loves it and I think having his own wrestler would be the icing on the cake. :)

Taylor said...

go chase! your an awesome little wrestler!

Background