Monday, December 8, 2008

THANKSGIVING

We had a really fun Thanksgiving this year. We spent the day at my mom's house. All of my family was there, except for Jeremie's kids, we missed them! Lucky for us they were able to come up that night and spent the rest of the weekend with us.

My three little cutie pies waiting for dinner.

Steve, Chase, and Breeley enjoying dinner.

Keaton was so cute at dinner. He was so tired that he was leaning against the wall falling asleep as he ate. I finally had to hold him, as soon as he snuggled down in my arms he was sound asleep.

My family has a tradition of shooting clay pigeons on Thanksgiving. It's always a lot of fun. Chase kicked butt this year. He almost beat out all of us, it came down to him and Zach in a shoot out. His gun jammed, so I guess we'll have to decide the winner next year. He's a pretty good shot and this is definately his favorite part of Thanksgiving.

Steve-Look at that form, what a stud!

Aren't they sweet? We were actually all trying not to freeze to death at this point, it got pretty cold by the end.

Me attempting to shoot. I am no good at this, but it's still fun. I'm pretty sure I close my eyes when I pull the trigger, probably not a good idea when trying to aim, but Steve's gun kicks a bit. Gina is standing next to me shooting as well. Paula beat out all the girls this year when she hit a clay pigeon. Yes, we're just happy to hit one.

OK, this was by far the funniest moment up there. Laci decided to shoot the gun. We told her to put the gun against her shoulder, but apparently she took that as against her arm. I'm sure you can guess what happened next. She shot the gun and when it kicked it was pretty painful. She left to go to the car in tears-she denies this, but I know that she was trying not to cry. We were all laughing so hard, she didn't get too much sympathy-sorry, Laci! I got the perfect picture of her shot. You can see her hair whipping back as she shot the gun, it really got her good!

On Friday, my mom, Gina, Laci, Madison, Taylor, and myself went shopping. It's always a lot of fun. We came home that night and played BINGO. My mom furnished the prizes. Thanks, mom and dad, for keeping all these fun traditions alive. I know it's what makes our family tick-we love you!

2 comments:

Paula and Zach said...

I am still laughing at the picture of Laci! That's a classic! It's been so fun to see your updates! You have such fun pictures and such a cute family!

Brent, Laci, Kaylie and Madison said...

Okay funny one....I was NOT crying!! Yes, it hurt, but I am tough!! Okay so I am commenting on all the above pictures..they are so cute. Thanksgiving weekend was so much fun and Happy Birthday Breeley. It looks like she had a great birthday and I didn't even know she got a easy bake oven. Tell her I would like some cake and I expect it when I come up next!! :)

Background